With COVID-19 spreading like wildfire nowadays, the need to deep-clean offices and infected ones in particular rises to utmost priority especially that by the time you’re done with your call, germs have made their way to dozens of office surfaces, ready to infect others. Accordingly, irrespective if someone in your office has tested positive for COVID-19 you need to hire a professional cleaning service that is trained in the best practices for disinfecting COVID-19-infected areas. The following are measures that a professional cleaning company takes to deep-clean a COVID-19 infected office:
- Risk Assessment
A professional cleaning company will first assess the risk of coronaviruses likewise:
- Coronaviruses can survive on surfaces for up to three days.
- How long they survive depends on the composition of the material.
- Plastic and stainless steel are highly attractive surfaces.
- Smooth surfaces can also more effectively support coronavirus survival.
- However, on a porous surface like wood or carpet, the virus will be less viable outside of a person’s body.
- In either case, the sooner you disinfect a contaminated surface, the better.
- Waiting for bacteria to die off can put your business, and your employees, at risk.
- Choice Considerations
- Basic Considerations
- Pay special attention to how your chosen service is reacting to the COVID-19 era.
- Ask what personal protective equipment the company will provide to its employees.
- Ask what cleaning companies use, for often they use harmful chemicals during cleaning routines but these products can have unpleasant side effects, especially if people at work suffer from allergies or respiratory diseases.
- Safety Precautions
A cleaning company has to provide safety precautions likewise:
- The cleaning service should supply a minimum of masks and gloves, but it’s best if they provide gowns, eye protection, and face shields.
- Also, make sure that the company trains its workers in social distancing practices and hygiene protocols for deep cleaning an office.
- Type of Disinfectant
A cleaning company has to provide type of disinfectant likewise:
- The cleaning company should have a list of the disinfectants they use and be prepared to show you this information when asked.
- Make sure the people on your team aren’t allergic to these types of disinfectants.
- It’s also preferable if they use environmentally friendly products because those are better for both you and your coworkers.
- The Tools Come First
With a professional cleaning company, the tools come first likewise:
- Before a janitorial cleaning company can step in and get started, they must wear personal protective equipment (PPE), such as:
- Surgical masks or N95s
- Gowns or other clothing that covers the skin
- The cleaning staff of a professional cleaning company should also have footwear that is easy to wipe down with sanitizer, for this will ensure their own safety as well as the safety of those who live and work in the building.
- Most professionals use electrostatic sprayers to cover large areas and reach surfaces that are hard to access.
- These handheld devices are battery-powered and produce a fine mist of disinfectant that has been negatively charged and the negative charge of the disinfectant makes it stick to things that are positively charged, like doorknobs, desks, chairs, and so on.
- Choosing the Disinfectant
With a professional cleaning company choosing the disinfectant is likewise:
- For a surface disinfectant to be effective against the SARS-CoV-2 virus, it must appear on the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) approved list of disinfectants that work against it.
- These are called List N products, and they come in different formulations such as spray, wipes, ready-to-use solutions, concentrates, and more.
- The best firms use hospital-grade disinfectants for they are more effective against coronavirus than household products.
- The Highest Priority Is to Disinfect Hard Surfaces
With a professional cleaning company, the highest priority is to disinfect hard surfaces likewise:
- One of the most important things that a professional cleaning company knows about COVID-19 is that it can survive on hard surfaces for up to three days.
- That means cleaners approach these surfaces as if they have live coronavirus on them, even if they don’t likewise:
- First, the professionals remove any dust and dirt from the surface before cleaning, for having dirt particles moving around while sanitizing could contribute to the spread of bacteria.
- Next, they spray a disinfectant approved by the EPA.
- Once done, the team would leave an appropriate amount of time after applying these chemicals before wiping up the residue, for this gives the active ingredients time to kill the germs properly.
- They’ll Also Deep-Clean Soft Surfaces
A professional cleaning company will also deep-clean soft surfaces likewise:
- With researchers finding COVID-19 can last about a day on fabric, the good news is that cleaning soft surfaces isn’t difficult for professionals.
- These professionals have specialized equipment that will work perfectly: ULV foggers.
- ULV foggers distribute a fine mist of sanitizer throughout an entire room or building, for this mist can kill viruses on absorbent materials like paper towels and cloths.
- Sanitizing the Air Ducts
It’s important that you hire a professional cleaning company to sanitize your air ducts because:
- if you don’t know what you’re doing, you could potentially damage your system by using harsh chemicals on it.
- And if your system isn’t working properly, then it won’t be able to remove the virus from the air in your office.
- A professional cleaning company will spray air ducts with a mist of disinfectant.
- As a result, you’ll be able to work in a safe environment.
- Clean Elevator Buttons with Wipes or Electrostatic Sprayers
The elevator buttons in your office are the germiest part of the entire building and a professional cleaning company will:
- clean elevator buttons with wipes or electrostatic sprayers, that’s because they’re shared by hundreds of people every day, and only 65% of them use hand sanitizer.
- spray elevator buttons to clean them.
- They’ll also disinfect door handles, light switches, phones, water fountains, and other frequently touched surfaces in the office.
- Hire a Team of Professionals to Disinfect Your Entire Facility
When it comes to office cleaning and disinfecting, there’s no room for error in this risky period for:
- When a business is suffering from a COVID-19 infection, the stakes are even higher.
- Imagine this: you’re at work one day and get the call from your team that someone in your office has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Of course, COVID-19 spreads like wildfire and by the time you’re done with your call, germs have made their way to dozens of office surfaces, ready to infect others. So, what do you do?
- The best way to avoid the spread of the virus and keep your team safe is to hire a skilled team of professionals to deep-clean the environment.
- A professional cleaning company should be your first choice for that aspect.
- But how do they do it? They can find out how long the virus can survive on a surface, things to keep in mind when picking and how experts deep-clean an office infected with covid-19
- A professional cleaning company will explain how experts deep-cleaning an office infected with COVID-19
- A professional cleaning company team will work with you to ensure your business is safe before it opens its doors again.
- You hire a professional cleaning service that is trained in the best practices for disinfecting COVID-19-infected areas.
- A professional cleaning company will make sure to deep-clean your space until it’s completely free of germs and microbes so everyone who walks through your doors is safe.
- Ask for a quote today and start planning for your business’s recovery.
If you keep on forgetting to clean these commonly missed areas that a pro cleaner never misses and your house or home office following the aforementioned suggestions, then it’s time to bring in extra help. You can hire professional office cleaning services who’ll ensure every corner of the office looks phenomenal when they’re done cleaning.
For adequate cleaning services and help your home or commercial office look its best, contact Duostar, they’re here to clean every spot with the correct cleaning standards and guidelines and will be happy to help you reach every tight corner and wipe down every surface area to ensure they shine like new.